Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement
The Bangladesh Journal of Forest Science (BJFS) is dedicated to upholding the highest ethical standards in all aspects of the publishing process. We are committed to promoting integrity, transparency, and accountability in the dissemination of knowledge within the field of forest science. This publication ethics and publication malpractice statement outlines our guidelines and principles that authors, reviewers, editors, and readers are expected to adhere to.
- Originality: Authors must ensure that their submitted manuscripts are original, have not been previously published, and are not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Attribution: Proper attribution and acknowledgment of sources is essential. Plagiarism in any form, including self-plagiarism, is strictly prohibited.
- Data Integrity: Authors should present accurate and reliable data. Fabrication, falsification, or manipulation of data is considered unethical.
- Authorship: Only individuals who have made significant contributions to the research should be listed as authors. All authors should have reviewed and approved the final version of the manuscript.
- Confidentiality: Reviewers must treat manuscripts as confidential documents. They should not use the information contained in the manuscript for personal gain or unauthorized dissemination.
- Constructive Feedback: Reviewers are expected to provide unbiased, constructive, and timely feedback to authors. Personal criticism or disrespectful language is not appropriate.
- Conflict of Interest: Reviewers should declare any potential conflicts of interest that might affect their ability to provide an unbiased review.
- Fairness: Editorial decisions should be based solely on the scientific quality and merit of the manuscript, without regard to the authors’ nationality, ethnicity, gender, or affiliation.
- Transparency: Editors should communicate clearly with authors about the review and publication process. They should also provide explanations for any editorial decisions.
- Conflict of Interest: Editors and editorial board members should disclose any conflicts of interest that could affect their decision-making.
- Open Access: BJFS is committed to open access publishing, allowing readers worldwide to access published content free of charge. This facilitates wider dissemination of knowledge.
- Corrections and Retractions: In cases of errors or misconduct, BJFS will promptly issue corrections or retractions as appropriate.
- Misconduct Investigations: Suspected cases of research misconduct will be investigated thoroughly, in accordance with established guidelines.
If you have any questions or concerns about publication ethics, please do not hesitate to contact us at [contact email].
We appreciate the commitment of our authors, reviewers, and editors to maintaining the highest ethical standards in academic publishing. Together, we contribute to the integrity and credibility of forest science research.